Cut More, Clean Less
💨 BIG CFM BOOST
The Dust Boot has a standard 5-inch intake port. Theoretically, this allows 545 CFM which improves from the 3.4-inch internal port on the stock dust boot port (~288 CFM).
EASY NO-MODIFICATION SWAP
No need to modify your ShopSabre Router.* You can swap out your existing dust boot with ours in a couple of minutes.
Two-minutes and a Phillips Screwdriver
*If you have a center-mounted tool touch probe on the ShopSabre ATC Rack, it will need to be moved to the left side. Here's our guide. It’s easy, no sweat!
Stop docking and use our Our Dust Boot with our ATC Pedestals to tool change or touch off tools. This means you save about 20 seconds per tool change over a docking system per tool change.
At 20 sheets a day with 3 tool changes each, you’d save 20 minutes per day in docking time alone. That’s 2-3 more sheets cut in that docking time! Thats 500-800 more sheets a year 🙊
Not on our list? Signup to let us know you're interested.
What to Expect:
- Uses standard 5-inch flex duct
- Versatile: Cut sheets or 3D machine with improved dust collection.
- Direct swap without modifications*
- Designed to work on:
- HSD ES915 5HP spindle - 100mm diameter nose
- HSD ES919 10HP spindle - 100mm diameter nose
- 89% CFM increase over the stock ShopSabre boot
- More Compact than original = more chip collection power
- Stop Docking - 20 seconds faster per tool change. Save 20 minutes a day on Docking!
- Wood Dust is a Carcinogen - Capturing more dust at the source makes for a safer work place.
- ShopSabre Dust Dock movements should be disabled - (easy two-line WinCNC modification)
- Made by PDX CNC in Portland, Oregon
- Compatible with upcoming PDX CNC ATC Pedestal upgrades - significant improvements in dust collection and added tool capacity.
How much will this help?
Your potential performance increase*
Data Source and factors that affect performance*
- Standard 100mm HSD Mount with 5-inch Port Choose from 3-inch or our custom 3.4-inch brush plate. Or get both.
- 5-to-4 Reducer Kit - for those who max out at 4-inch ducting
*Note this will have reduced performance as our Dust Boot is designed for a 5-inch duct.
- 5" to 4" Duct Reducer Fitting
- 5" Duct Clamps (2)
- 5" Flex Duct connector piece *We estimate about 22% improvement in CFM with our 4" Kit versus the stock boot whereas our 5-inch Port is ~89% improvement.
- Upcoming: Laguna Compatible, other mounting diameters than 100mm
- Upcoming: Other Lower Brush options like optimized for PDXCNC ATC Pedestals or Shorter Brush length.
- Dust Boot with 5-inch Port
- Magnetic Brush Plate
- Better Dust Collection 😉
We recommend using our Dust Boot with our ATC Pedestals (on ShopSabre machines).
The Dust Dock movements should be disabled which is an easy two-line code modification in WinCNC.
We have a quick guide on how to do this.
See the Compatibility List We designed the first version of our Dust Boot to work with HSD spindles like those that ShopSabre machines use. The mounting point of the Boot fits around the 100mm diameter “nose” just above the gage line. We know it works with:
- HSD ES915 5HP
- HSD ES919 10HP
If you have a stock ShopSabre PRO or IS machine with an HSD spindle, we recommend using our ATC Pedestals. The blue solid bar ShopSabre rack deforms the lower brush.
It will not work with the ShopSabre Dust Dock – we recommend disabling that in WinCNC.
Multicam AU rotatary and most linear ATC rack with HSD spindles work fantastic with our Dust Boot.
There's also been AXYZ machines that use our Dust Boot as well.
Yes, of course. You’ll never clean out a compression cut fully - well maybe if you had the best dust collector ever made. With any Dust Boot, if the brush isn’t touching the work surface you’ll lose a drastic amount of suction and you’ll have chips spray out.
The key is to optimize your tool length (choke up) and Dust Boot capability like an optimal brush length for the job. We do plan to offer different options for spacers and brush lengths for our Dust Boot - this is not yet available.
We designed our Dust Boot to provide the most airflow CFM as close to the spindle while having as long a brush that makes sense. It’s not perfect, but it’s an improvement.
Yes! You can try your machine out if you think it might fit with no risks:
Try our Test-Fit Guarantee.
We are always interested to hear what machines we should support next. Let us know what machines we should support.
You may also like
Be one of the first to get our newest products and enjoy launch pricing – while it lasts.